Monday, August 16, 2010

Position and hold...

So the last few days since my last post have been uneventful. On Sunday I had to drop off my dad at the airport and after I went to the park across from main runway and watched planes land for almost 2.5 hours. I also brought my scanner along with me so I followed along with the Tower and checked Flight Aware on my phone to see where planes were going to or coming from. If nobody forced me to leave, I could stay forever. No problem. Being a domestic airport (other than a few Canada bound flights), the highlights for me are the 757s and the 737-800s that come in as they are the largest commercial airliners that the airport services. I need to go back on a clear sunny day with my camera so I can take better video. And now you've learned about my whole airplane enthusiast hobby :D.

Aside from that, I still have a couple of weeks before class but I'd like to get myself back in the right mindset. For a while now I've been meaning to start reading more as I really don't read much and being that I'm a history major, I'll have to start. When I was a young child I would read everything and anything but with the start of middle school that all ended. Anyway, I bought most of the books I'll need for this semester and I've already begun to read one of them. I don't want to unwrap the main textbook until I know it's the right one otherwise I'd drive into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment