Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Final Frontier

So classes start a week from today. I'm still waiting for a book to arrive which is, oddly, taking forever to get here. I think I have everything else though, which is good. I only just realized that my online English class is an accelerated course which doesn't start till October 25th so that'll put even more pressure on me to do the work. Oh well!

I've also been looking at flights and my options to get to Frankfurt. Unfortunately only United and Lufthansa fly non-stop from Washington so that limits my options if I don't want to stop somewhere. I'd gladly fly Lufthansa longhaul but I don't like their 3-3-3 seating on the 747s and they don't have personal TVs either. I'm really excited about the option to fly British Airways via London but we'll see if my dad goes for that. Other than that I can fly American via Dallas but they don't have a Premium Economy section like BA or United have..but their Business is cheap (bout $900) compared to United or BA so maybe I can do that. We'll see as it's still not set in stone that I'll fly there.

Aside from that, Amazon finally shipped me the new Iron Maiden album which I received yesterday and have been loving ever since. On first play I love "Satellite 15...The Final Frontier," "El Dorado" (both of which were released before the album came out), "Mother of Mercy" and "When the Wild Wind Blows" but I'm loving the other ones more and more as I keep listening. Overall it's a fantastic album and am amazed they can still put out such quality work in a time where most other music sucks. Bruce sounds fantastic as always and there are a lot of songs that really showcase his vocals, and the rest of the musicianship is evident throughout the album ranging from intricate to heavy-hitting riffs. I'm going to have to change the picture on the right side but I have no clue how to go about doing that so I'll wait till my girlfriend does it for me haha. Speaking of which, if you're into Japanese fashion at all (lolita, gyaru and stuff, I wouldn't know the beginning of it all but so it goes) or want to read stuff in German about general life in Germany for the hell of it here's the link to her blog: http://marie-antoinettes-soliloquy.blogspot.com/ ,

No comments:

Post a Comment